The Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach, Virginia has put out the call for a full-time Museum Director.
The museum states that they are looking for “an experienced Museum Director that can oversee and manage the entire operation.” stating “There are many large functions that take place at our museum including a World War Two airshow (Warbirds Over the Beach) in May, a musical airshow (Flying Proms) in June, and a First World War airshow (Biplanes and Triplanes) that is held in October. In addition, there are also numerous smaller functions such as a Valentine’s Day costume dance, Wine Fest, children’s summer camp, radio control model airplane meets, conventions, various 5K runway races, vintage car shows, Planes and Trains during Thanksgiving, and many more seasonal events.”
A list of qualifications, including five “MUST requirements” has also been posted, which includes the following:
1. MUST have managed a historical museum of some sort.
2. MUST have had experience in successful fundraising and major gift development for a nonprofit foundation.
3. MUST have had experience in recruiting and managing a large number of museum volunteers and a small paid museum staff.
4. MUST have had previous successful experience operating a successful for profit business, even though our museum is a nonprofit.
5. MUST have done public speaking and have exceptional verbal and writing skills.
6. Prefer knowledge and an interest in historical aviation.
7. Prefer experience in applying for government grants.
8. Prefer experience working with a diverse Board of Directors to develop and implement strategic plans.
9. Prefer someone that is creative and able to come up with multiple museum events and functions.
Click here to check out the complete announcement, including application information.
(via Military Aviation Museum)