Recently, Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar’s Spitfire HF Mk IX (TA805) entered the workshop at RAS Completions Ltd. for “rub and respray”. The seventeen-day process was captured on video and condensed into a newly released time lapse which can be seen by clicking the link below.
TA805 was originally built at Castle Bromwich in 1944 and was assigned to 183 and 234 Squadrons before being delivered to the South African Air Force in 1949. The aircraft was eventually acquired as a project and restored to airworthy condition by Airframe Assemblies of Sandown, performing its first post-restoration flight in December 2005. It has been based at Biggin Hill since 2011.